Sunday, September 27, 2009

Our weekend!

Sorry it has been so long since my last post. I have recouperated from my illness and had a runny nose and sore throat in the meantime. hahahaha
I have been super busy over at my school blog, creative blog, and now I am starting our class Flat Stanley Blog!
Rachel, if I send you a flat stanley to your class...will you entertain my class by having your students write back to us??? Send me your school address! EMAIL ME if anyone is interested! Cousin Amy...would your class like a flat stanley from me??? Check out www.mrscartersflatstanley.blogspot.com for more details!

We spent the weekend in Ocala! It was a wonderfully fun weekend for us as a family!
I took my three children to see the movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Jay fell asleep after the first 15 minutes. It was a fun movie and full of imagination and creativity! The children swam and played at Mike's parents house. My husband went fishing in the Gulf with his dad. I relaxed and enjoyed the time I had to spend with my family! Except that awful work I had to do for 4 hours on Saturday for my ESOL certification and 60 in-service points to re-certify in June of 2010! On Sunday, I wrote out a scavenger hunt of things to find in Ocala and off we went to find them.
Scavenger Hunt List:
-4 unreal horses (Ocala is known for horses! They have large horse statues painted in different themes all across Ocala.)
-1 real horse
-white fence
-1 fall leaf
-cows
-a stick that looks like a fork
-a parking meter
-shampoo
-toothpaste
-deodorant for Jacob
-Toys for Jay(His 2nd birthday is October 29th and I wanted some sort of an idea what he would want. He picked out his favorite~and didn't want to leave it behind. He cried and threw a mini fit. I told him, you don't always get what you want and you have to wait until your birthday.)

Yes, it is true. We headed to Ocala's town square and found several of the things on our list. I added the end things because I had to also go to the store!

Don't be afraid to try this sometime with your own children. They loved the whole process of a scavenger hunt! (And they didn't mind the errand I threw in there!) Plus, they got to explore a little of the town we visit often!




Mmmmm....Dandelions...delicious!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making our weekend so special! We had such a fun time. The pics are great!! Love, Mom

rairie said...

I sure do love your blogs...all of them and I have not visited the flat guy yet. I love the way Jacob it so easy with Jay. What a wonderful group you have. We had fun on Friday too...especially fly on the wall without you!!!

Scrapbooking 500 Pages in 2008