Sunday, November 8, 2009

My relaxing weekend and The Old Ceremony!

My biggest outing this weekend was the grocery store! I actually enjoyed cleaning my house(that is just after Michael took Jay to the store for a bit to pick up some odds and ends). I even used Old English on all my wood furniture. I love that stuff! The smell, why it brings back memories from my childhood!

The weather here is fabulous! It was in the high 70's today and breezy.
We grilled out last night and had a beef tenderloin. It was delicious!

Jay is getting more verbal, if you understand 2 year old gibberish. He's two...I still can't seem to believe it. Where did time go?
He loves to play outside and begs us every chance he gets to go out. Then cries when it is time to get in. We can trick him in...I know, "bad mom"...allow him to ring the doorbell and then open the door. For whatever reason, he walks right in. No tears, no fears!

I am reading The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings in 1938.

I know I know I know...I should have had this read years ago. But, I never had to for school. I am going to be so sad when it is over! I get the feeling I am going to be so sad before it is over actually.

Do you have another classic in mind that I should pick up and read? If so, leave me a comment!

By the way...have you heard this song before???

It is called Talk Straight by The Old Ceremony. I absolutely love this song! You can check out their website here! Michael and I had the pleasure of hearing them live in Orlando a few weeks ago! You may be wondering why I was downtown on a school night listening to a band until after 11 pm...Michael's cousin is the drummer! Their music is amazing. They are out of North Carolina and are just finishing up a year tour. Be sure and check when they will be in your neck of the woods and GO SEE THEM! They are the nicest group of guys! Introduce yourself to the drummer, Dan Hall, and tell them Jessica and Mike sent you to see them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog!!! Thanks for sharing the music....soooo good! Love, Mom

Scrapbooking 500 Pages in 2008