Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Remembering Long Ago

I was looking through some old photos my grandfather gave me about 7 years ago. I was looking for photos of him, specifically, to create a layout.
While browsing through the photos, my heart stopped when I stumbled on these... my eyes welled up with tears{and again as I write this now}. I don't know why.

I suppose it chokes me up to see myself in her shoes with a young baby and to see my mother as a baby too!

These chubby baby fingers below look awful familiar to some chubby baby hands I have all over everything at my house! My guess it is my mother around age 1. isn't my grandmother gorgeous!?!

The back of this photo in my grandfathers handwriting:

Debby Deible 3 mo. old 23 July 1946.

My mom so tiny. I love this!

Just precious!
I am going to work on a layout with the last two photos here in a smidge.

Today I created this layout. It's in memory of my grandfather. I realized after writing it I forgot to include he was a photographer...UGH! I have to fix that! This is my first scrapbooking type of a layout in a long time. I found some of the coolest pictures of him. These go as far back as to when he was 17! (1921) Some may say a photo of him in his casket is "gorey". But to me, sometimes death is as beautiful as a birth, such as in this case. At 93, he has had a full life! As well, he was a casket salesman and VP of the Reynoldsville Casket Company since 1981, and President of the Reynoldsville Cemetary Association for 30 years. This makes this an important photo to include!PP: Prima "Iron orchid designs" Ephemera-workbench magazine cover that he received in the 60s, the address label from the mag, his life insurance policy from 1938, vintage keys, card from his funeral Lettering-MM mini alphas, thickers, journaling done on PC.

No comments:

Scrapbooking 500 Pages in 2008